Applications will be received until Friday, September 8th, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST.
- Statement on Nominee's professional line of work
- Statement on Nominee's efforts towards greater advancement in the arts in the Asian American community and/or greater NYC community
- Statement of Nominee's volunteer service in the last 5 years
- Statement why the individual meets the criteria of the Wai Look Award. Please include how the Nominee's work stands out and has impacted his/her organization and field.
- Upload 2 supporting materials (Can be link to article, essay or video, etcetera, either written by the nominee or about the nominee)
The Alliance will receive nominations for the award. You may
also nominate yourself.
Nominees must be an Asian American based in one of the five
boroughs of New York City who is:
*an emerging or mid-career professional working with at
least five years experience in arts administration
*a volunteer for an arts organization. Volunteers can be in
a leadership role, such as a board member or advisor
*an emerging or mid-career professional outside of the
field, but working to support the arts
*a leader of an arts organization or organization providing
services to the arts; and/or
*a leader in the Asian American community working for the
advancement of the arts
Current staff and board members of the Alliance and past
recipients of the award are not eligible. The Wai Look Award for Outstanding Service to the Arts will be presented at the organization's fundraising event in October 2017.
Purpose and Criteria:
The Wai Look Award for Outstanding Service to the Arts is
intended to recognize and encourage Asian American individuals working as an
arts administrator, advocate, leader or equivalent whose active participation
in or for the arts has made a considerable impact. The award aims to illustrate
the potential of exemplary work in the field and provides recipients with a
cash award of $500.
Selections are based on demonstrated and exceptional service
to or participation in the field, the impact of the work and the potential for